Every perl/CGI problem can be solved if you work through these checklists, when you find a problem on the list, use a solution from the list, when you find a problem not on the list (rare), post the error message and problem description here brian's Guide to Solving Any Perl Problem, CGI Help Guide , Troubleshooting Perl CGI scripts ... More generic advice :) On debugging, verify everything, talk to teddybear ... checklists and more
Copy/paste from Re: To call a .pl file when a button is pressed on a GUI created using Perl CGI (webserver) for the links below
Explicitly using Options to permit CGI execution, Apache Tutorial: Dynamic Content with CGI - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.2 : Explicitly using Options to permit CGI execution
Its simple, you need a webserver
Its weird that so many folks manage to create a GUI using Perl CGI without understanding this
And a copy-pasta for you:)
Yes, work through these checklists, when you find a problem on the list, use a solution from the list, when you find a problem not on the list (rare), post the error message and problem description here
So examine your server configuration and compare to https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/public_html.html#cgi / Apache Tutorial: Dynamic Content with CGI
- Perl/UNIX .profile problem
- Unix Aliases?
- Perl Script Not Working With Crontab
- Twig in a crontab?
- Running Perl program w/root privs via cron
- system call in crontab
- Perl & cron job environmental variables
- HowTo: Add Jobs To cron Under Linux or UNIX?
- Unix FAQ - Cron
- Unix FAQ - Cron
Cron jobs do not inherit the login environment of the user
Cron jobs do not have a stdin associated with them
- Cron Frequently Asked Questions
- Cron Job FAQ
- Basic Linux Operations FAQ
- Automating Tasks with Cron and Crontab files
- 4.4. Scheduling processes
- system command is not working
- I have some problem with Crontab
- perl file doesn't execute
- script fails loading module version, but > version is installed
- CGI Help Guide , Troubleshooting Perl CGI scripts
- Csh Programming Considered Harmful
- How do I set env. Variables from Perl with shell script
- Get default login environment
- Set shell environment variables from within a perl script
- How to change a script's environment after the script is already run, based on shell sourcing ?
- Perl: Source shell script to for environment variables?
- Reading and setting the environment from a shell script for the calling program
- Importing environment variables from shell script file to Perl
- sourcing a shell script/.profile and importing into %ENV
- setting perl ENV from file
- Changing parent process environment variable
- Re^3: DBD::mysql fail install check (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH ldd otool install_name_tool VERSIONER_PERL_PREFER_32_BIT .bundle/.dylib/.so
- Making a system command work via a scheduled task.
- How to troubleshoot scheduled tasks in Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003
- Re^6: pp and multiple perl scripts
- Basic debugging checklist , brian's Guide to Solving Any Perl Problem