Heya, thanks for taking a look. In response:
- Typically all of the functions anyone would want to use are like_this, and everything that's "internal" is _likeThis or _like_this. I guess it's just a matter of style.
- I wasn't sure about the exporting, and learned my mistake several versions out. It's fixed in he one that's in CPAN.
- I actually come from C. The $self vs. $this thing
- I use $verbose == 0 because calling DEBUG() without parameters turns it on. With a 0 parameter, it turns it off. It needs to be numerically false and existing.
- The unless fileno thing is a good suggestion, and i'll update it when I put through some module fixes tonight.