Item Description: provides simple OO interface to the File Transfer Protocol
Review Synopsis: basic and useful, a must have.
Who should use it?
- Anyone wishing to transfer files to an FTP server
- Anyone wishing to transfer data from STDIN to an FTP server
- New Perl Scripters who need to practice with OO interfaces
What are the drawbacks or problems?
- It does not allow you to upload scalar data as a file
- It does not allow you to use streams other than STDIN
#!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; my $destserv="ftp.perlmonks.org"; my $destuser="root"; my $destpass="joph"; my $file="yourmom.jpg"; $ftp = Net::FTP->new($destserv) or die "error connecting\n"; $ftp->login($destuser,$destpass); $ftp->binary(); $ftp->get($file) or die "error downloading\n"; $ftp->quit();