in reply to poll ideas quest 2009
This may be risky in that it could start flaming, but it's probably worth anyway.
The light source I use for reading at night is…
- Nothing, I sleep at night
- Nothing, I can read in the dark
- Nothing, I migrate between the two poles
- Nothing, I live in outer space
- Nothing, I live on planet Kalgash
- Oil lamp
- Arc lamp
- Gas lamp
- Traditional incandescent blub
- Halogen lamp
- Fluorescent light
- Light of a CRT monitor
- Genetically modified fish that glow in the dark
- Future technology (big mirrors in space)
- Flamethrower or Rube Goldberg device
Update: added CRT (thanks to StommePoes for the idea).
Update: just an explanation. I basically just wanted to ask whether you prefer halogen lamps or lamps with normal light bulbs, but I got carried away in the spirit of TIMTOWTDI. It's probably better this way for a Perlmonks poll.