Current Perl documentation can be found at perldoc.perl.org.
Here is our local, out-dated (pre-5.6) version:This document is structured into the following sections:
- perlfaq: Structural overview of the FAQ.
- This document.
- perlfaq1: General Questions About Perl
- Very general, high-level information about Perl.
- perlfaq2: Obtaining and Learning about Perl
- Where to find source and documentation to Perl, support, and related matters.
- perlfaq3: Programming Tools
- Programmer tools and programming support.
- perlfaq4: Data Manipulation
- Manipulating numbers, dates, strings, arrays, hashes, and miscellaneous data issues.
- perlfaq5: Files and Formats
- I/O and the ``f'' issues: filehandles, flushing, formats and footers.
- perlfaq6: Regexps
- Pattern matching and regular expressions.
- perlfaq7: General Perl Language Issues
- General Perl language issues that don't clearly fit into any of the other sections.
- perlfaq8: System Interaction
- Interprocess communication (IPC), control over the user-interface (keyboard, screen and pointing devices).
- perlfaq9: Networking
- Networking, the Internet, and a few on the web.
Return to the Library