in reply to What would you change?
Language support for:
- A non-destructive s/// operator which returns the new string.
- subs/methods with proper parameter lists (the usual stuff: names, Perl types, default values, basic type annotations)
- Calling subs/methods with either positional or named arguments.
- Declared methods, like "sub" but with implicitly declared $self.
- Declared class methods, like "sub" but with implicitly declared $class.
- Autoboxing which treats e.g. hashes and hashrefs in a similar way. This may remove the need to fix the ugly dereferencing syntax mess.
In Section Meditations