in reply to Create new [pmdev]-only section "Pmdev Discussion"
Current idea: create a gods-private section
It has been said, many times by various people, that a wiki is not a good place to try to hold a discussion.
Therefore, I propose that we set up a new section for private use by the gods.
Technically, something similar could be done for other groups, as discussed above, but the prevailing ad hoc policy is that such groups should not be having private discussions at all, and so should use the existing section, Inner Scriptorium.
- clone pmdevtopic (nodetype) to a new root post type, godstopic.
- clone pmdevnote (nodetype) to a new reply type, godsnote.
- edit reply settings (setting) to know about the new reply type.
- also add an entry to reply settings so that replies to the new root post type will be the new reply type.
- clone Inner Scriptorium (superdoc) to a new section landing page, Gods Forum; modify it as appropriate, i.e. make it use godstopic.
- set appropriate permissions on all the new nodes create above.
The assumption is that posts in this section do not count toward a user's writeups, and are not subject to moderation.
What is the sound of Windows? Is it not the sound of a wall upon which people have smashed their heads... all the way through?
In Section Inner Scriptorium