I have gotten my code finished that uses Win32::OLE to access Microsoft Outlook on my machine and writes to the command prompt the upcomming week's appointments. I was writing this with the intention of putting it on my webpage that serves off of my personal computer.
I have a Win2K machine and IIS. My code works fine from the command prompt (outputs wonderful HTML tags all over the screen), but when I attempt to access it through the web-browser, the computer issues a beep and the script times out. The code dies on the OLE::New command to open Outlook.
I have set the permissions for IUSR for read/execute access on the WinNT/system32, outlook.exe and the outlook.pst file but have been unable to find a solution. As many other readers, I have searched Google and Microsoft's site extensively and have yet to come to a solution. So I know turn to the wise monks...
-David Weand (email)