At the author's behest, a somehwat exhaustive list of
- The need is not apparent
- Storing the ord, instead of using $./the index
- Storing the ord in so many formats when perl provides conversion functions
- Maybe use format and write?
- UPDATE: Since it's a line per entry anyways, the ability to customize the output is overkill
- Extensibility? ie; support for EBDIC, locale specific code pages, or unicode?
- "n Digit" would look better and be more consistent as as "Digit n"
- Lower-case vs. Capital
I'm not belgian but I play one on TV.