Beefy Boxes and Bandwidth Generously Provided by pair Networks
Keep It Simple, Stupid

Perl SIX

by Kevin_Raymer (Initiate)
on May 02, 2007 at 18:38 UTC ( #613233=perlmeditation: print w/replies, xml ) Need Help??

This node falls below the community's threshold of quality. You may see it by logging in.

Replies are listed 'Best First'.
Re: Perl SIX
by blazar (Canon) on May 03, 2007 at 09:53 UTC
    Hello Monks!

    Hello to you too, KR!

    Incidentally, do not misunderstand me: I'm not feeding you. Just having some spare time, for the first time in days, and wanting to employ it in some productive way by having some fun, at the risk of getting downvoted...

    Happy computer hackin!

    Oh, to you too!

    Well I have decided that I am giving up on learning PERL 5 since PERL SIX is right around the corner.

    Now that's good news. Are you going to troll some p6* ML's as well, or -better- instead of this place? How 'bout harassing any directly? (No, I'm not suggesting crime. I'm sure the guys/galz have trollproof accounts.)

    I have been doing lots of research on it and have sent some emails to the Matt Fowles I have not heard back from his yet


    but I am sure he can utilize my 22 years of hacking experience. I would like to eventually be on the core develepment team of PERL SIX.

    Oh, I'm sure too. BTW: I would like to be Marilyn Monroe. I'm sure my 22 years of acting experience can get me to that. I have already emailed some studios, but they have not answered yet.

    I did some web hacking and found some info if any of you guys are interested. Not sure how many monks have heard of PERL SIX Here is some news on release date:

    I'm sure quite about nobody ever heard about it. I heard about it myself only a few days ago. By mistake. But I have done some serious "web hacking" and I have discovered a shocking truth, that based on some of your previous posts I cannot refrain from sharing with you: although $Larry is certainly not involved, a conspiracy is going on amongst some PERL SIX developers to really make it PERL 666. Actually the intendedly optimal release date would have been June, 6th 2006. Thus you may want to reconsider your choice of being involved in this thing. Or with Perl altogether.

    That said, there is much progress being made in the last year, including the Pugs project which allows you to start testing experimenting with some perl 6 features .. now!

    Whoa!! I didn't know about this Pugs thing. Thank you so much. I downloaded it, installed it and tried a random piece of code, that surprisingly appeared to work:

    pugs> .say for 'troll!' xx 666; troll! troll! troll! troll! troll! troll!

    (Some lines snipped...)

    **Feel free to /msg me if you don't know what a module is

    Well, I don't have 22 years of experience so you can easily imagine that I haven't the foggiest idea of what a module is, and was about to /msg you. But then I thought that most people here probably don't know what a module is and I suppose it would be better if you answered directly here, for maximum benefit of all of us.

Re: Perl SIX
by marto (Cardinal) on May 02, 2007 at 19:30 UTC
    I guess with your 22 years 'hacking' experience you will be able to afford to 'donate real dollars to the Perl Foundation ' so you can get your hands on Perl 6 sooner!


    Update: To put this in proper context, read a few of the OPs other posts

Re: Perl SIX
by polettix (Vicar) on May 03, 2007 at 11:31 UTC
    You betrayed yourself - you forgot to substitute all the 6 with SIX. This definitively convinces me you're not "real" :)

    perl -ple'$_=reverse' <<<ti.xittelop@oivalf

    Don't fool yourself.
Re: Perl SIX
by Moron (Curate) on May 07, 2007 at 18:41 UTC
    80% of the OP is cut & paste from the perl6faq. I couldn't trace the other 20% (remainder of this post deleted (antifeed))

    ^M Free your mind!

      I couldn't trace the other 20% - but judging from the literacy level, it could be the latest generation of spam bots that seem to have got sort of grammar-conscious recently ;)

      Nope. It has 22 years Experience. TWO degrees. I don't have any. Just stick to radians.

Log In?

What's my password?
Create A New User
Domain Nodelet?
Node Status?
node history
Node Type: perlmeditation [id://613233]
and the web crawler heard nothing...

How do I use this? | Other CB clients
Other Users?
Others wandering the Monastery: (4)
As of 2022-07-05 11:57 GMT
Find Nodes?
    Voting Booth?

    No recent polls found