- Simply use the Perl rename function.
- Why can't you simply just use open to redirect the output to the correct place in the first place? But yet again you aren't probably just writing out information...
Executing other perl scripts:
- You can use the perl system command, likes others have mentioned above.
- Or, if you implement the sub-perl script as subroutines , you could use do. You basically pass the name of the file to be processed as an argument to the subroutine, rather than a command-line argument. Make sure there are no global variables shared between the scripts. Then, it should be easy to execute 'do "subScript.pl"' in mainScript.pl, which will make the subroutine(s) in subScript.pl available to the statements in mainScript.pl.
Updates once a month:
- Use a cronjob or scheduler to perform this.