@Generoso, thank you for the macro snippet. Really appreciate it :)
I never used macro until now. I replaced
.Text = "13"
with .Text = "perl"
and ran the modified macro on the test.doc file and I got the desired information. Cool!
But the problem I posted is only a smaller part of a larger problem. For example, in the real task, it's not just one single word (it's a list of words) and I also need to remove duplicate page numbers (e.g. if 'perl' occurs more than once in one page, it will count as just once).
But I guess the macro probably can also do that too although the coding might involve a different complexity level compared with a Perl solution. I'll probably need to dig deeper.
Anyway it's good to know the macro solution. Thank you again