- $Sys::Info::VERSION is 0.78
- $Sys::Info::Driver::VERSION is 0.78.
- perl -v => This is perl 5, version 12, subversion 2 (v5.12.2) built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread.
- Vista Home Premium 64 bit, service pack 2. Version 6.0.6002.
- cpanm was my installation tool.
- I verified Sys::Info::Driver::Windows is also 0.78.
Strawberry Perl includes a 'gcc' C compiler with it so that modules can be installed through traditional means rather than relying on ppm packages. cpanm would have invoked the gcc compiler.
Thanks, I'll take a look when I have the time.