I am starting a project which i would like to split into different files for manageability. I am under the impression that files are not simply included, and modules are created and included. If so, i would like to keep all of the files in the same directory.
This is new to me, and i have a few questions.
- Is it preferable or to split up files, or does it make no difference?
- Is the preferable way to split via modules?
- Where are the modules kept?
- Do the modules need to be compiled?
- Is there a naming scheme for project/related files?
I was searching for these things online, but the words split brings up help about modules that split, and local directory modules bring up how to Make a module. Is there a good name to use for splitting up a perl project into smaller parts?