|Perl: the Markov chain saw|
|( #3333=superdoc: print w/replies, xml )||Need Help??|
EDIT: Solved-ish. Part of my problem appears to have been that I only added the bin area of the MySQL version to my path before calling cpanm. Once I added the lib area of the mysql version as well and rebuilt 4.043 DBD::mysql I now have a working version. However, this seems super fragile. 4.050 DBD::mysql doesn't work and MariaDB still doesn't work. This was all with the 5.26.1 version of Perl. I am going to give this a try on my original repo with 5.30.2 and see if it works. At least there is a little light at the end of this tunnel.
Thanks for the reply. I was having the same thoughts about the versions, just before checking for replies this morning I took the time to sync my perlbrew install with the working standard install and as to be expected, it still does not work...
Version Matching: No luck. The only variable left there is probably the library version of MySQL used for building DBD::MySQL. I'm not completely sure how to check that for the standard install Perl. I had to add a version to my path before building the ones in perlbrew. I was using 5.1.46-64, but DBD::MariaDB failed to install with that so I found 5.7.16, which allowed the install to complete. However, both DBD::mysql and DBD::MariaDB both hit the 1045 error.
DBD::MariaDB: No luck. Got it to install, but I'm seeing the same 1045 error
For a final check, I pointed this at another DB I work with(5.6.34 MySQL) and the perlbrew version works... I'm really annoyed this dbaas service doesn't just offer MySQL...
I'll have to see if I can get in touch with anyone in IT about this and maybe play around with pointing to other MySQL versions for the DBD builds.
In reply to Re^2: DBI Connection Fails with Access Denied on one version of Perl/DBD::MySQL and work on the other